Monday, June 24, 2013

Swim lessons

Me and Jack survived our first few days of swim lessons! Although I was definitely the more nervous of the two of us, I think we both ended up having fun. Jack has even made a friend. He is one sleepy bubba by the time we get back. We have just enough time to eat lunch (another Smitten Kitchen recipe!) and head for nappy nap time. Yesterday, I made the avocado Tartine sandwich which was quite yummy and better yet was made out if some of Jack's favorite foods - avocado and cucumber. 
Hopefully that makes up for the Del Taco we picked up today ha! 

I tackled my next SK recipe tonight - the intriguing Buttered Popcorn Cookie. I was full I anticipation but sadly the cookies fell flat... Really flat. They looked like popcorn filled crepes; don't get me wrong, they were delicious but a little embarrassing to give out at a work meeting so looks like we'll be eating them at home. Lesson learned - don't over beat the eggs, butter, and sugar or you'll be eating a lot of flat cookies by yourself. 

No comments: