Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summertime

Just about every job I have had, has afforded me the opportunity to have a summer. And I love it. I have been spoiled rotten and really cannot imagine life without it. Not that teaching is an easy profession at all: There are times where I dream of having a job that allowed me to be done working when I left for the day. I hate having piles of papers to be graded haunt my conscience those moments I find some free time. Trying to cajole middle schoolers to write more and actually read their novels. But I cling to the idea of summer just as much as those students. I am a homebody, content with reading books and soaking in the pool; if that happens simultaneously all the better!  But my always on-the-move toddler has quite the opposite idea of summer fun. So my goal this summer is to live it up...with a toddler in tow.  I have concocted a list of places to go and things to do that will hopefully keep us both happy and sane. 




No comments: